When you are old and gray and full of sleep   當妳年華已逝、兩鬢斑白,沉沉欲睡,

And nodding by the fire, take down this book   坐在爐邊慢慢打盹,請取下我的這本詩集,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look   請緩緩讀起,如夢般,妳會重溫,
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep   妳那脈脈眼波,曾經那麼的深情和柔美。

How many loved your moments of glad grace   多少人曾愛過妳容光煥發,
And loved your beauty with love false or true   愛妳的傾城容顏,真心或是做戲,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you   但只有一個人,他愛的是妳聖潔虔誠的心! 
And loved the sorrows of your changing face   即使是您光陰已逝的容顏,他也依然深愛著妳!

And bending down beside the glowing bars   爐裏的火焰溫暖明亮,妳輕輕低下頭去,
Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled   帶著淡淡的淒然,為了枯萎熄滅的愛情,喃喃低語
And paced upon the mountains overhead   此時他正在山林裡獨自遊蕩,
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars   在那滿天凝視妳的繁星後藏起了臉龐。

創作者介紹

distanthunders 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣( 156 )